Summer is almost over but there is still time to entertain outdoors for a stylish event. Here are some helpful tips and refreshing drink recipes to have your guests talking long after the party is over.
Party Under the Sun! Turn every outdoor occasion into a stylish event.
1. Outdoor or indoors? Pick the place, and then pick the theme.
2. Avoid breakage, stock up on Le Cadeaux’s non-breakable melamine plates and drinkware.
3. Expect extras! Always keep an additional chair, plate, and place setting handy.
4. Combine outdoor furniture with romantic lighting to create a new room with a view.
Always have a plan for inclement weather conditions! Here are some solutions for weather concerns.
1. Establish an alternate “rain location” on the invitation to alert guests of a possible change of venue.
2. Reserve an indoor location as a backup.
3. Rent or buy a tent so your guests can escape the sun.
4. Weigh or tie down decorations in case the day turns windy.
Entertain the idea of putting your home bar to use with a low-stress cocktail party!
1. Have plenty of food available – alcohol and empty stomachs don’t mix.
2. Make one really good non-alcoholic beverage so non-drinking friends aren’t left out.
3. Make cocktail mixers before the party starts.
4. Let the flow of the party dictate your actions.
Cocktails and conversations are sure to be a great blend with one of these recipes at your next party.
Juice of 3 lemons
Juice of 3 limes
½ to ¾ cup sugar
4 cups of ice water
6 cups of cold water
3 orange tea bags
One 1″ piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
½ cup sugar
For additional party planning tips, I hope to see you at my Bering’s book signing event Saturday, August 23rd, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., at 3900 Bissonnet.
To pre-order your book click here to order one online.